Friday, July 6, 2018

DIY Unicorn Necklace

On Sunday I was feeling super bored, so I decided to make a necklace using embroidery thread instead of nylon or elastic and these beads. The materials are all things I had lying around the house that I wanted to use to make something (I've been trying to clean my room for weeks now).

For this DIY you will need:

  • beads
  • charms
  • metal links
  • clasp
  • sewing needle
  • thread
  • pliers

This isn't so much a DIY tutorial as it is a way for me to show off my latest creation but I figure many of you know how to make a necklace.




Tie thread to one end of the metal clasps and add beads, remembering to use your charm of choice in the middle. Attach to a second chain link attached to the clasp. Continue to add as many individual necklaces until you have reached the desired effect. 

If you want to be sure your charm is in the middle of your necklace and that each charm aligns I would recommend measuring the dimensions. Otherwise the necklace will look a little more like mine (in the end I did really like it though).





The great thing about these necklaces is that they can be worn with other jewelry and dress up an old vintage blouse. Also, the more necklaces you wear the better.


1 comment: